Monday, January 11, 2010

Welcome to JewPsy!

Welcome to JewPsy (pr. Jew-sigh), the blog with the silent "p". This blog evolved over several months of thinking too much, ranting and raving, and posting too many links to Facebook that no one was likely too read. I am a rabbi and a psychologist working with Orthodox ("Modern Orthodox," Yeshivish, & Chassidish) children, adults, families, and teens in the New York area.


There are always new developments in my overlapping worlds of Judaism and mental health, and I am always learning new things and coming to understandings about the communities in which I work and live that excite, interest, or horrify me. As my colleagues and I know well, sometimes you just have to share with someone. These posts, then are my cathartic peiros (fruits).
-PsyJew JewBrain Tinier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join the conversation. I'd love to hear your take.